Complete applications must be received by May 31, 2013 to be considered for the 2013 Oregon Institute for Patient-Centered Comparative Effectiveness Annual Research Intensive.
Rolling Admission: We have a limited number of spaces due to the personal and intensive nature of our program. We will review and admit participants as we receive applications. Those who wish to secure their place in advance can apply immediately. All applications must be received by May 31, 2013 to be considered.
This program is open to researchers across the US. Priority will be given to those who already have a strong foundation in research methods and wish to obtain additional skills in order to align their research with principles of comparative effectiveness.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have acquired an MD, MD/PhD, DO, DDS, DMD, DC, PharmD, OD, ND, PhD, or equivalent.
- Applicants must have completed coursework in clinical research design or epidemiology, as well as biostatistics to ensure that all participants share a common working knowledge. Demonstrated competency in design and biostatistics in the absence of coursework will be considered on a case by case basis.
The registration fee for this event is $275.
Application Submission Instructions
To apply, please submit an application including the following:
- Cover Letter (1 page) describing:
- Applicant's current appointment, ongoing research, and commitment to comparative effectiveness research.
- Career Objectives – describe long term career objectives and how they relate to the comparative effectiveness training provided by this program.
- Applicant's idea of a research plan.
- Applicant's plans to continue building upon training, skills, and proposal development when they return to their home institution.
- Curriculum Vitae or NIH style biosketch
Please submit the above items as a single document to ICEprior to May 31, 2013 for consideration.