CROET Oregon Worksite Grants
The purpose of the Oregon Safety Professional Worksite Grant and the Oregon Occupational Health Nurses Worksite Award is to support projects that improve the safety and/or health in an Oregon workplace, and increase the visibility of Oregon Safety Professionals and Oregon Occupational Health Nurses. These are projects that have made or will make a difference in the workplace. The opportunity exists each year for CROET to award one project submitted by an Oregon Chapter member of the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE) for the Oregon Safety Professional, and one project submitted by an Oregon State Association of Occupational Health Nurses member for the Oregon Occupational Health Nurses Worksite Grant. The grant amount for 2011 is $2000 which must be used to implement the activity or project.
The Activity, project or program:
- May be new or an extension of an existing activity or program
- Must focus on an Oregon workplace
- Must include a credible evaluation
- Must be innovative
- Must have the potential for implementation in other workplaces or industries.
2012 Worksite Grants
Applications for the 2012 worksite grants are now available. The completed application must be submitted according to directions specified in the application no later than June 30, 2012. Applications are available through the Oregon ASSE Chapters and the Oregon State Occupational Health Nurses Association.2012 Oregon Safety Professional Worksite Grant Application - Access through the ASSE Columbia-Willamette Chapter at: http://assecwc.org/scholarships-grants/
2012 Oregon Occupational Health Nurses Worksite Grant Application - Access through the OSAOHN website at: http://www.osaohn.org/scholarships.htm
Partial List of Previous Awards
- 2010 Occupational Health Nurses Award: "Promoting and Disseminating Injury Prevention Information to Oregon Health Care Workers"; Oregon Coalition for Health Care Ergonomics (OCHE); submitted by Lynda Enos. Visit the developing OCHE website.
- 2008 Occupational Health Nurses Award: "Occupational Health and Safety Podcast Project"; Oregon State Association of Occupational Health Nurses (OSAOHN); submitted by Linda Gifford-Meuleveld.
- 2008 Safety Professional Award: "Safety and Loss Control Manual Implementation and Training Project"; City of Hillsboro; submitted by Tanya Woodson and Michael Sorensen. See the City of Hillsboro Risk Management Manual.
- 2006 Occupational Health Nurses Award: "Oregon Healthy Worksite Initiative"; Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, Corvallis, Oregon & Samaritan Lebanon Community Hospital, Lebanon, Oregon; submitted by Kim Schlessinger.