Education and Outreach
OHWC in the Community
The OHWC has both outreach and educational components that build on existing programs at OHSU/CROET, Portland State University and the University of Oregon's Labor Education and Research Center (LERC). As part of our Education and Outreach mission, our goals are to:
- Build a community of interest and a community of practice on Total Worker Health issues through innovative and participatory education programs
- Connect the work of work-life researchers with practitioners in occupational health, health promotion, human resources, and labor relations
- Promote regular interchange among researchers to optimize critical feedback and sharing of methods, experiences, and results
- Identify new areas of cross-disciplinary collaboration of Center PIs and staff on all projects
- Provide educational opportunities on both the overarching theoretical constructs that guide our work and the current policy issues surrounding health promotion and health protection
- Include underserved populations in educational activities by designing programs to reach these groups in their own communities and through their own organizations
Upcoming Educational and Outreach Events:
2nd Annual Occupational Health Psychology Summer Institute
This year's OHP Summer Institute is presented by Saint Mary's University and co-sponsored by the Oregon Healthy Workforce Center and Portland State University. The 4-day institute will be held at Saint Mary's University in Halifax, Canada. For more information, download the flyer.
Past Educational and Outreach Events:
March 7th, 2013 - Oregon Governor's Occupational Safety and Health (GOSH) ConferenceThis wellness course, co-sponsored by the Oregon Healthy Workforce Center, CROET, SAIF Corporation and the Portland Business Journal, was held March 7th, 2013. For more information and to view course materials, visit our GOSH information page.
Partners' Luncheon - September 14th, 2012 - Portland, Oregon
The Oregon Healthy Workforce Partners' Luncheon provided an opportunity for stakeholder networking and discussion of topics of interest to partners. The luncheon speaker, Larry S.Chapman of the Chapman Institute, spoke about Return of Investment of Workplace Wellness programs. The recorded webinar of Mr. Chapman on "An Authoritative Look at the ROI of Worksite Wellness Programs" is now available. WATCH & LISTEN NOW.
Occupational Health Psychology Summer Institute - July 16th-19th, 2012 - Portland, Oregon
The first annual OHP Summer Institute was a successful 4 days of education and idea exchange from a mix of academic researchers and practitioners from around the world. Topics ranged from safety climate, work organization, and stress, to employee health and the work family balance. The 2012 summer institute was presented by the Occupational Psychology Program at Portland State University, CROET, the Oregon Healthy WorkForce Center, and the Canadian Center for Occupational Health and Safety at St. Mary’s University.