The OHWC is a NIOSH-sponsored Center of Excellence funded in 2011. The Executive Team consists of the Center Director, Associate Director, Center Manager, and Financial Manager.
Internal Steering Committee
The OHWC Internal Steering Committee provides guidance to the Center Executive Team and faculty. The Internal Steering Committee meets monthly to discuss ongoing research, outreach and educational activities. The Design and Analysis Core reviews and approves the designs of all research, translational and pilot projects, and maintains the Data Repository for all project data.
External Advisory Committee
The External Advisory Committee provides guidance to the Director on the quality and progress of the research, translational and pilot projects, and of the Center faculty individually.
The Outreach Program ensures that: (1) the PIs and staff are broadening their horizons by talking with each other and building value from the Center’s existence by learning about each other’s research and capitalizing on opportunities to collaborate or from stakeholders; (2) information about the OHWC is getting out to the stakeholders and that the stakeholders are feeding back reactions, needs and opportunities; and (3) OHWC staff are interacting with stakeholders and disseminating information and products to them.
The Education Project will coordinate the seminar program, annual symposia, and the Summer Institute.
- W. Kent Anger, PhD (Director)
- Leslie Hammer, PhD (Associate Director' Director, Summer Institute))
- Kendra Evans, MPH (Center Manager)
- Janice Stewart (Financial Manager)
- Diane Elliot, MD, FACP, FACSM (Chair, Internal Steering Committee)
- Nancy Perrin, PhD (Director, Design and Analysis Core)
- Dede Montgomery, CIH, MS (Director, Outreach Core; Co-Director, Education Project)
- Steve Hecker, MS (Co-Director, Education Project)
- R. Stephen Lloyd, PhD (PI, Pilot Program)
The structure of the Center is depicted in the graphic, below.