The Oregon Healthy Workforce Center (OHWC), a NIOSH Center of Excellence, is a collaboration of Oregon Health & Science University's (OHSU) Center for Research on Occupational and Environmental Toxicology (CROET), Portland State University's (PSU) Occupational Health Psychology (OHP) program, the Center for Health Research (CHR) and the University of Oregon's Labor Education Research Center (LERC).
The OHWC’s theme is Intervention Effectiveness, focused on:
- team-based and technology-based interventions to promote and protect health, all crafted with attention to translating research to practice
- improved social support and reduced job stress--that will in turn produce improved lifestyle choices, safer work practices, and better psychological and physical health.
News and Upcoming Events
- The second annual OHWC Partners' Luncheon to be held in early 2014. Details to come soon. Visit our luncheon webpage for a summary of the 2012 Partners' Luncheon.
- 2013 Northwest Occupational Health Conference
- NIOSH releases Total Worker Health publication
The Research Compendium: The NIOSH Total Worker Health™ Program: Seminal Research Papers 2012