For more information on the OHSU IRB and other grant resources, see Grant Materials
To submit a protocol for the ONPRC 3T or 12T, please fill out the attached form
The Protocol Review Committee (PRC), consisting of AIRC staff members, will evaluate new and continuing studies based on scientific feasibility and safety.
- Meetings: the PRC meets on a monthly basis
- Approval Process: the PRC approval process will take no longer than 2 weeks following PRC monthly meeting. The PRC will contact the PI when a judgment is rendered.
For more information regarding potential hazards and safety training, see Training & Safety
- Calendar: After you have completed Worker Safety Training, you will be given access to the appropriate AIRC calendar.
- Etiquette: Users must adhere to scheduling etiquette outlined in calendar.
- Cancellation Policy: In the event that a scheduled study needs to be canceled, mark the calendar slot as "canceled" and give a brief reason for the cancellation. All canceled or amended studies should be marked by the following Monday or they will be billed. Preferably, studies should be canceled well in advance of the scheduled time so that it is known to be free for other studies.
- Expiration: the Protocol Review Committee in conjunction with the Principal Investigator (PI) will establish a date of expiration for the study protocol. After the specified date, and if extensions are not granted, the PI and lab staff will not be allowed to schedule MRI Instrument time for the expired protocol.
- Pilot Time: Pilot time is without charge and is available on a limited basis (up to 15 hours). Pilot time is designed to facilitate data collection for determining project feasibility or grant submission. The Protocol Review Committee determines the amount of Pilot Time awarded to a Research Protocol.
- Description (up to 1 page) of study requiring pilot time
- Estimate of how many hours needed
- Note: all pilot studies must be scheduled during non-prime hours (before 9 AM, after 5 PM, and on weekends)