AIRC 3T Instrument
The Siemens 3T Prisma instrument, installed in August 2016, represents a significant upgrade to the AIRC 3T Tim Trio instrument installed in 2006. The gradient set has a Gmax of 80 mT/m and utilizes a force balanced design, which provides a quieter scanning environment. The RF architecture is now fully digital with optical fiber links supporting a total of 64 receiver channels and parallel transmit.
The AIRC Prisma upgrade was possible with funding from the NIH and institutional support.
Operation at 3T (123 MHz)
- Working Bore Diameter of 60 cm
- Gmax on all three axes of 80 mT/m
- Gradient slew rate
- 64 Receiver Channels allowing simultaneous acquisition of 204 coil elements.
RADIO FREQUENCY COILS
- 16 channel Hand-Wrist
- 64 channel Head-Neck
- 32 channel Head
- TxRx CP Head
- 16 channel Shoulder
- 16 channel Foot-Ankle
- TxRx 15 element Knee
- 32 channel Spine Array
- Two sets of 18 channel body array
- Flex Large Array
- Breast Coil
- Medrad Power Injector
- In Vivo Subject Monitoring: ECG, Pulse Oximetry, Respiratory Bellows, et cetera.
- fMRI equipment: Video Projection, Electrostatic Headphones, Fiber Optic Response Boxes, and more.
Cardiac MRI- Left Ventricular Outflow Tract (LVOT) (Siemens 3T TIM Trio) (Woodward)