New Oracle Grants Accounting Responsibilities
Sponsored Projects Administration (SPA) proposes changes to end‐user access to Oracle Grants Accounting (OGA) as follows:
- OGA Inquiry OHSU will remain in place to allow PI access to their own projects.
- OGA Reports OHSU will be available on demand to accommodate those who only need to run reports in OGA. This responsibility requires an access form, but no training is required.
- OGA All Project Inquiry Non‐Payroll OHSU will replace role‐based “project staff” access. Those requesting this access will gain permission to view all projects throughout OGA without payroll detail. This responsibility requires a new access form and completion of OGA training (now or in the past), but those with current OGA All Project Inquiry access will automatically be migrated.
- OGA All Project Inquiry Payroll OHSU will replace role‐based “dept staff” access. Those requesting this access will gain permission to view all projects throughout OGA including detailed payroll information. This responsibility requires a new access form and completion of OGA training (now or in the past).
TimelineOGA users can begin requesting access to these OGA Responsibilities as of October 3, 2008, by submitting a new Oracle Access Request Form. Active OGA users will be able to access OGA Inquiry OHSU and their currently requested OGA role‐based access will be maintained until December 31, 2008. As of January 1, 2009, role‐based OGA access will no longer be updated.
These changes to the granting of OGA responsibilities help to achieve the following goals:
- Streamling OGA access by department administrative staff—access need be requested only once regardless of changes to projects, project-owning orgs, etc.
- Expediting OGA account setup by eliminating SPA's internal OGA Access Log and reducing the amount of data entry at the time of account setup.
- Facilitating interdepartmental coordinating of shared personnel and/or shared projects.
OGA Data Warehouse Parameter Updates
To accommodate these changes in the OGA responsibilities, as needed, OGA Data Warehouse queries will be given new search parameters to allow OGA users to define the org(s) for which a query will retrieve information.
Effective October 3, 2008