Sponsored Projects Administration (SPA) supports OHSU investigators by providing financial and administrative stewardship of externally sponsored projects. Our team of 30 people reports to OHSU's Vice President for Research and is part of Research Administration.
We work hand-in-hand with Research Funding & Development Services (RFDS) and Research Grants & Contracts (RGC). Our partners also include the Clinical Trials Office (CTO) and Technology Transfer and Business Development (TTBD).
SPA provides assistance to faculty and staff in the following ways:
- Acts as a resource for understanding compliance issues
- Provides outreach and education on proper management of sponsor funds
- Sets up award and project accounts in systems
- Trains department staff on project tracking tools
- Oversees expenditures of sponsored funds
- Invoices sponsors and collects funds
- Generates and distributes biannual effort certification statements
- Provides fiscal reports to sponsors and institutional stakeholders
- Performs close-out of awards and project