Consortium and Sub-Contract Questions
What documentation is required from consortium collaborators at the time of application? At the time of a non-competing renewal?
The following document are needed for new applications:
- Statement of Intent
- Detailed Budget for Initial Budget Period and subsequent budget periods on RR 424 or 398 form pages depending on electronic or paper submission.
- Budget Justification
- Checklist Page
- Biosketches of key personnel and Significant Contributors
- Letter of support from collaborating investigator (optional)
- Resources page (optional)
- Other subaward items that may be requested by prime applicant are signed Face page and/or F&A Rate Agreement from OHSU
Why should an Institutional Review Board (IRB) application be approved before a sub-contract is established? If info is being reviewed in the IRB why is the sub-contract held?
Subcontract negotiations are not held up pending Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval. In fact, both processes can proceed simultaneously. However, since no funds may be expended until IRB approval has been obtained, account set-up will be held until full approval is in place.
Advance approval from sponsors for subcontracts is almost always required, particularly when subcontracting to foreign entities. You should contact your Grants & Contracts Administrator (GCA) whenever you are considering adding a sub-contract to a previously approved or awarded project.