Research Grants & Contracts (RGC) is the first stop for all investigators who are planning to submit an application. We are a 13-person unit that reports to OHSU's Vice President for Research and is part of Research Administration.
We work hand-in-hand with Research Funding & Development Services (RFDS) and Sponsored Projects Administration (SPA), and often coordinate with the OHSU Foundation. Our partners also include Clinical Trials Office (CTO) and Technology Transfer and Business Development (TTBD), which execute certain pre-award functions for clinical trials and technology transfer.
RGC provides assistance to faculty and staff in the following ways:
- Reviews all form pages for completeness and accuracy.
- Checks budget figures and reviews justification.
- Supplies necessary assurances.
- Secures institutional signatures.
- Provides follow-up with funding agencies on pending applications.
- Coordinates set-up documents with SPA when proposals are awarded.
- Coordinates formal correspondence with sponsors.
- Negotiates award language when necessary.
- Creates, negotiates and finalizes subcontracts.