Internal Awards Administration
Submitting and managing internal awards at OHSU
If you are submitting an application for internal awards at OHSU--such as bridge funding, pilot funding, or other opportunities--where you submit the award and how it is administered will vary depending on the source of funds, compliance issues, account setup, or other matters.
The following outlines the administrative process for applying for these OHSU awards. The list is not exhaustive and does not include specific departmental awards, training grant opportunities, or grants available for members only of OHSU centers.
- Gerlinger Research Award
- Layton Aging & Alzheimer's Disease Center - Tax Check-off Alzheimer's Research Fund (in partnership with The Oregon Partnership for Alzheimer's Research - OPAR)
- Methamphetamine Abuse Research Center Pilot Projects (MARC)
- Knight Cancer Institute Cancer Research Development Awards
- Knight Cancer Institute Cancer Pilot Project Awards
- Oregon Alzheimer Disease Center Pilot Project Program
- Oregon Clinical and Translational Research Institute Pilot Projects
- Portland Alcohol Research Center Pilot Projects (PARC)
- SOM Dean's Fund for Research Collaboration (coordinated by OCTRI on behalf of the School of Medicine)
- Pacific Northwest Regional Center of Excellence (PNWRCE) - Career Development Awards & Development Research Projects (coordinated by VGTI)
- Oregon Center for Aging & Technology Pilot Grant Program
Bridge funding proposals are submitted to the Research Funding & Development Services (RFDS) unit in the office of the Vice President for Research. If awarded, a PPQ is submitted to RGC for compliance review. After compliance review, completed PPQs are forwarded the Office of the Vice President for Research, where they are held. There is no setup in SPA.
Tartar Trust Research Fellowships
Proposals are submitted and reviewed by the OHSU Research Committee. If awarded, a PPQ is due to RGC along with the award letter, and a copy of the submitted application. Projects are forwarded to SPA for account setup.
Innovation & Seed Fund (coordinated by Technology Transfer & Business Development/OHSU Foundation)
Check with Technolgoy Transfer & Business Development at OHSU for information about how each program is administered.
Proposals for the following awards must be submitted to with an approved Proposed Project Questionnaire (PPQ). A PPQ is due with the proposal at the time of submission to the sponsoring or issuing OHSU unit.
- Medical Research Foundation - Early Clinical Investigator Grant
- Medical Research Foundation - New Investigator Grant
- Medical Research Foundation - Emergency Interim Support Grant
- Medical Research Foundation - Oregon Scientist Development Award
- Friends of Doernbecher Grant Program
- Medical Research Foundation Discovery Awards
- Medical Research Foundation Mentor Awards
- Richard T. Jones New Investigator Award
Some OHSU departments offer specific funding available only to those in departments or programs. Check with your department chair or administrator to see if your department offers internal awards and if you are eligible.
For questions or further clarification on the administration of funds or application processes, please consult OHSU's pre-award office, Research Grants and Contracts.
Updated November 8, 2013