What we do
Research Funding & Development Services (RFDS) is a program within the Office of the Vice President for Research that provides advice, consultation, and training for OHSU researchers. We work closely with other offices in Research Administration, such as Research Grants & Contracts (pre-award) and Sponsored Projects Administration (post-award), as well as the OHSU Foundation. We also serve as the communication hub for information related to grants, research administration, and other key tools for investigators.
RFDS provides assistance to faculty and staff in the following ways:
- Keeps you informed about potential funding opportunities via the OHSU Funding Database and Funding Alerts.
- Helps you strategize about your funding approach.
- Coordinates the Limited Submission process.
- Manages the Presidential Bridge Funding program.
- Reviews and discusses your proposal to help make it more competitive.
- Leads workshops and trainings for proposal writing.
- Assists with letters of institutional support and boilerplate.
- Offers an eight-week professional science writing course open to all OHSU researchers.
- Publishes the OHSU Research News blog—your source for the latest information on events, funding opportunities, policy changes, and more.
- Sends targeted emails to faculty, postdoctoral fellows, and other research staff regarding important institutional updates and information.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
Updated May 29, 2013