How to become a volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering in Research or Academics at OHSU! We work with more than 500 volunteers, each of whom has self-selected where he or she would like to volunteer at OHSU.
If you are interested in joining our team of volunteers, start with these five simple steps:
Questions to start withAre you eligible?
- Are you at least 16 years of age?
- Can you commit to serving as a volunteer for a total of at least 40 hours?
- Are you able to complete all OHSU Volunteer Services compliances (including a clear background check)?
- Check out our website for current opportunities here!
RegistrationStep 1 - With your hosting site, submit a Job Site Information form and a Background Disclosure Request form
- Submit both forms together to our office via one of the following options:
- Fax: 503-494-1099
- E-mail: RAVolunteer@ohsu.edu
Anticipate an approximate 1 week turn around time to process and approve these forms.
Step 2 - Preparing for Orientation
- You will be invited to attend an upcoming orientation session
- Further registration materials will be given for you to complete
Step 3 -Orientation
- Submit all completed registration materials at orientation
Anticipate an approximate 1 week turn around time to process these forms.
Step 4 - Obtain an ID Badge
- Once processed and approved, we will e-mail you the required documents to obtain your OHSU ID badge
Step 5 - Start volunteering!
- Once you have an ID badge you can start volunteering!