Resources & Recognition
OHSU has a lot to offer its volunteers: networking opportunities, hands-on experience, exposure to an academic health center; but the simple act of saying "thank you" can sometimes be the most powerful tool in attracting and retaining great volunteers. Recognizing volunteers' time and commitment doesn't have to cost a lot either. Below are some resources and ideas of how you can recognize your volunteers:
- 2015 Outstanding Volunteer Awards - Nominations Due Friday, May 29th
- Submit a "Shout Out" to your awesome volunteer(s) via our weekly "Gratitude Tuesday" on our Facebook page
- Nominate your volunteer to be our featured Volunteer Voice
- Annual Performance Evaluation Awards (February-April annually)
- US Presidential Awards - RAVS submits "Gold" Award winners in January annually based on hours served
- Send your volunteer(s) an online Golden Rose Award Thank You Card
- 50 No/Low Cost Recognition ideas
- The 9 Elements of Highly Effective Employee Praise
- Send them our way!
Volunteers are different than employees and therefore need to be supervised and managed differently. However in some cases, supervising a volunteer may be your first opportunity to ever manage/supervise someone. Here are some great resources to help you learn or brush up on your supervisory skills:
Have a resources you'd like to share? Send it our way!
Best Practices Tools & Resources
Departments, Centers, and Institutes work together in order to ensure the Institutes success. Below are forms provided by these professionals to help create a better experience when hosting a volunteer.