Resources & Recognition
OHSU has a lot to offer its volunteers: networking opportunities, hands-on experience, exposure to an academic health center; but the simple act of saying "thank you" can sometimes be the most powerful tool in attracting and retaining great volunteers. Recognizing volunteers' time and commitment doesn't have to cost a lot either. Below are some resources and ideas of how you can recognize your volunteers:
- Nominate your volunteer for an Outstanding Volunteer Award (nominations due 4/16/17 at 11:59 p.m.)
- Submit a "Shout Out" to your awesome volunteer(s) via our Facebookpage
- Nominate your volunteer to be our featured Volunteer Voice
- Annual Performance Evaluation Awards (February-April annually)
- US Presidential Awards - OVV submits"Gold"Award winners in January annually based on hours served
- Send your volunteer(s) an online Golden Rose Award Thank You Card
- 50 No/Low Cost Recognition ideas
- The 9 Elements of Highly Effective Employee Praise
- Send them our way!
Volunteers are different than employees and therefore need to be supervised and managed differently. However in some cases, supervising a volunteer may be your first opportunity to ever manage/supervise someone. Here are some great resources to help you learn or brush up on your supervisory skills:
Have a resources you'd like to share? Send it our way!