Resources & Recognition
OHSU has a lot to offer its volunteers: networking opportunities, hands-on experience, exposure to an academic health center; but the simple act of saying "thank you" can sometimes be the most powerful tool in attracting and retaining great volunteers. Recognizing volunteers' time and commitment doesn't have to cost a lot either. Below are some resources and ideas of how you can recognize your volunteers:
- Nominate your volunteer for an Outstanding Volunteer Award (nominations due 4/16/17 at 11:59 p.m.)
- Submit a "Shout Out" to your awesome volunteer(s) via our Facebookpage
- Nominate your volunteer to be our featured Volunteer Voice
- Annual Performance Evaluation Awards (February-April annually)
- US Presidential Awards - OVV submits"Gold"Award winners in January annually based on hours served
- Send your volunteer(s) an online Golden Rose Award Thank You Card
- 50 No/Low Cost Recognition ideas
- The 9 Elements of Highly Effective Employee Praise
- Send them our way!
Volunteers are different than employees and therefore need to be supervised and managed differently. However in some cases, supervising a volunteer may be your first opportunity to ever manage/supervise someone. Here are some great resources to help you learn or brush up on your supervisory skills:
Have a resources you'd like to share? Send it our way!
Departments, Centers, and Institutes work together in order to ensure the Institutes success. Below are forms provided by these professionals to help create a better experience when hosting a volunteer.