Ordering for Research Subjects in Epic

 Services charged to a research study via a research industrial account must be ordered on paper order forms known as "downtime slips". Research orders cannot be placed through Epic. The appropriate research industrial account number to be used for the charge is provided on the form to the ancillary area performing the service.

Inpatient research orders should be provided to the Hospital Unit Clerk (HUC) on the floor where the subject is located per the Inpatient Orders in Epic procedure. Templates for some of the more common types of research orders are provided below. Contact the appropriate clinical department contact to review study specific order forms or for additional order form templates