Emergency Medical Services
ORH administers resources and support to rural and frontier EMS providers and agencies with funding from Health Resources Services Administration (HRSA) and ORH’s Helping EMS in Rural Oregon (HERO) Campaign.
Grants and Sponsored Projects
- Support for Oregon EMS Conference and Medical Directors/Agency Managers Forum
- 2018 Competitive Opportunity for CAH Participation in Simulated Trauma Scenarios
- Support for EMS research and quality improvement
Oregon’s Individual Income Tax Credit for Rural Volunteer Emergency Medical Service Providers (EMSP)
The 2005 Oregon Legislature passed Senate Bill 31 which grants up to $250 in personal income tax credit to eligible EMSPs who volunteer their services to rural Oregon communities.
- Oregon EMS Association — an association representing all levels of prehospital EMS care providers in Oregon
- Oregon Volunteer Firefighters Association — provides support and representation for volunteer emergency responders in Oregon
- OHA EMS and Trauma Systems — Oregon state agency that develops and regulates systems for quality emergency medical care in Oregon