Primary Care Loan Forgiveness
The PCLF was designed to meet workforce needs in rural Oregon for Primary Care Physician, Physician Assistant, Doctor of Nursing Practice, General Surgery and Psychiatry. PCLF participants are eligible for forgivable loans of up to $35,000 per year, for tuition and fees only, in exchange for a service obligation to an approved rural Oregon practice site.
To be eligible for PCLF, students must:
- Be participating in an approved Oregon rural training track for MD/DO, NP or PA; AND
- Be enrolled as full time, approaching the end of the their first, second, or third year of education; AND
- Be in good academic standing; AND
- Be prepared to begin practice in an approved rural practice site within 90 days of graduation (NP & PA) or completion of residency (MD & DO)
Upon completion of training, PCLF participants must:
- Be contracted to practice at an approved rural Oregon practice site within 90 days of graduation (NP & PA) or completion of residency (MD & DO); AND
- Serve one year of clinical service in an approved rural Oregon practice site for each year of funding received; AND
- Provide a minimum of 32 hours a week of direct patient care a week in an approved rural Oregon practice site for the duration of their service obligation.
PCLF eligible rural Oregon practice sites must:
- Be located in a rural area as designated by the Oregon Office of Rural Health; AND
- Be located in a federally designated HPSA, MUA or an Area of Unmet Need as determined by the Oregon Office of Rural Health; AND
- See at least the same percentage of Medicare and Medicaid patients that exist in the county in which the clinic is located; AND
- Have a valid Site Application on file with the Oregon Office of Rural health that is no more than one year old.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org | 503-494-4450 | toll-free 866-674-4376.