Primary Healthcare Loan Forgiveness Program (PCLF) Service Obligation
What is my PCLF obligation while in school?
- Continue your participation in an approved Oregon rural training track; AND
- Remain enrolled full time and in good academic standing
In the event that you encounter an extreme circumstance that requires you to take a leave of absence from your academic program you must contact the Office of Rural Health as soon as possible.
What is my post-graduation PCLF obligation?
- Be contracted to practice at an approved rural Oregon practice site within 90 days of graduation (NP & PA) or completion of residency (MD & DO); AND
- Serve one year of clinical service in primary care at an approved rural Oregon practice site for each year of funding received; AND
- Provide a minimum of 32 hours a week of direct patient care a week at your approved practice site for 48 weeks out of a 52 week period (for the duration on your PCLF obligation); AND
- Promptly notify the Office of Rural Health with any employment status or contact information changes.
The points listed above do not encompass all aspects of your PCLF obligation. Please read your PCLF contract carefully and contact the Office of Rural Health with any questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information, contact us at email@example.com | 503-494-4450 | toll-free 866-674-4376.