How to Match with Loan Forgiveness Candidates
Dentists, Certified Nurse Midwives, CRNAs, Nurse Practitioners, Physicians (FP, OB, General Surgery and Psychiatry), and Physician Assistants.
What & Where?
Rural and Urban Oregon practice sites with a HPSA score can match with candidates with minimum service commitment of 1-5 years through the Primary Care Loan Forgiveness Program & Scholars for a Healthy Oregon Initiative.
Matches are starting now and continuing for the next 5+ years.
There’s no cost to the site to match with candidate(s) committed to underserved practice.
Next steps are outlined below.
Confirm Site Eligibility
- Already have a site application on file?
Great! You should have an email confirming your eligibility for SHOI and PCLF. If you don’t have confirmation, please contact us at email@example.com | 503-494-4450 | toll-free 866-674-4376.
- Need an application?
Please complete this.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org | 503-494-4450 | toll-free 866-674-4376.
Connect with Candidates Now
If you’re not connecting with these candidates early, you may miss your opportunity. Candidates are on a tight timeline and many will be contracting early with only 90 days to begin service from the time they graduate or complete residency.
- Invite candidates for a chat, a site visit, or even host a rotation. Hosting rotations is a great way to introduce candidates to your community and facility. Contact us at email@example.com | 503-494-4450 | toll-free 866-674-4376.
- View candidate profiles online.
Understand Site Eligibility
- Urban sites can match with primary care candidates in the SHOI program ONLY
- Rural sites can match with any candidate in SHOI or PCLF
- Eligible sites must have a HPSA score
Understand Site Responsibilities
- Sites are responsible for negotiating compensation with providers
- Sites must not accept candidates with additional loan repayment funds with service obligations until service to the program is complete
- Sites must not offer candidates any additional loan repayment funds with service obligations until service to the program is complete
- Sites are responsible for completing verifications of contract and employment hours per specified deadlines