The Medicare Beneficiary Quality Improvement Program (MBQIP)
- Utilization of Flex dollars to provide activities to support CAHs in their reporting efforts
- Customized opt-in MBQIP Benchmarking
- User-friendly Telligen reports
- Quality improvement training opportunities
- Peer learning exchanges
- Patient Safety
- Patient Engagement
- Care Transitions
MBQIP ON-DEMAND RESOURCE CENTER:ORH offers on demand learning opportunities for new and experienced CAH quality staff to view at their convenience. Below is a list of on-demand webinars available (slides and supporting materials are provided at these links as well):
- Module 1: Quality Improvement 101
- Module 2: MBQIP Program Overview
- Module 3: Care Transitions
- Module 4: Patient Engagement | HCAHPS Measures and Best Practices
- Module 5: Outpatient Measures
- Module 6: Patient Safety and Best Practices
Additional, on demand resources:
- Online MBQIP Data Abstracting Training Series (7 session) by Stratis Health
- Maneuvering MBQIP Measures 101 by National Rural Health Resources Center (NARHC)
- EDTC Data Specification Overview (Audio Only) by Stratis Health
- EDTC Data Collection Tool training Video by Stratis Health
- Quality Net CART Basics by Quality Net
- CART Patient Set-Up | Abstraction | Import & Export by Quality Net
TOOLKITS | GUIDES | RESOURCES:
to assist new and experienced Quality Officers with reporting requirements at their CAH.
In partnership with Health Insight of Oregon, ORH offers regular Peer-to-Peer Round Tables Calls to CAH Quality Officers and staff. In addition to presenting an educational component, the Round Tables provide a peer-to-peer learning and networking opportunity for quality staff. Contact Stacie Rothwell, Field Services Program Manager at email@example.com if you are interested in participating in the next call.
Quality Net offers the following resources:
Healthcare Provider Influenza Vaccine Toolkit developed by the Oregon Immunization Program to assist CAHs with increasing their influenza vaccination rates among healthcare workers and patients for MBQIP measures: IMM-2 and OP-27.
Quality Improvement Implementation Guide and Toolkit for Critical Access Hospitals by the National Rural Health Resource Center
QUESTIONS | ASSISTANCE:
If you have a question about the MBQIP program, please contact:
Stacie Rothwell | firstname.lastname@example.org | 503-494-4450 | toll-free 866-674-4376.