The Medicare Beneficiary Quality Improvement Program (MBQIP)
- Utilization of Flex dollars to provide activities to support CAHs in their reporting efforts
- Customized opt-in MBQIP Benchmarking
- User-friendly Telligen reports
- Quality improvement training opportunities
- Peer learning exchanges
- Patient Safety
- Patient Engagement
- Care Transitions
MBQIP ON-DEMAND RESOURCE CENTER:ORH offers on demand learning opportunities for new and experienced CAH quality staff to view at their convenience. Below is a list of on-demand webinars available (slides and supporting materials are provided at these links as well):
- Module 1: Quality Improvement 101
- Module 2: MBQIP Program Overview
- Module 3: Care Transitions
- Module 4: Patient Engagement | HCAHPS Measures and Best Practices
- Module 5: Outpatient Measures
- Module 6: Patient Safety and Best Practices - to be posted following the live webinar on June 6, 2017.
Additional, on demand resources:
- Online MBQIP Data Abstracting Training Series (7 session) by Stratis Health
- Maneuvering MBQIP Measures 101 by National Rural Health Resources Center (NARHC)
- EDTC Data Specification Overview (Audio Only) by Stratis Health
- EDTC Data Collection Tool training Video by Stratis Health
- Quality Net CART Basics by Quality Net
- CART Patient Set-Up | Abstraction | Import & Export by Quality Net
TOOLKITS | GUIDES | RESOURCES:
ORH has developed a Critical Access Hospital Quality Reporting Overview Guide to assist new and experienced Quality Officers with reporting requirements at their CAH.
In partnership with Health Insight of Oregon, ORH offers regular Peer-to-Peer Round Tables Calls to CAH Quality Officers and staff. In addition to presenting an educational component, the Round Tables provide a peer-to-peer learning and networking opportunity for quality staff. Contact Stacie Rothwell, Field Services Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating in the next call.
Quality Net offers the following resources:
Healthcare Provider Influenza Vaccine Toolkit developed by the Oregon Immunization Program to assist CAHs with increasing their influenza vaccination rates among healthcare workers and patients for MBQIP measures: IMM-2 and OP-27.
Quality Improvement Implementation Guide and Toolkit for Critical Access Hospitals by the National Rural Health Resource Center
QUESTIONS | ASSISTANCE:
If you have a question about the MBQIP program, please contact:
Stacie Rothwell | email@example.com | 503-494-4450 | toll-free 866-674-4376.