What is the Health Partnership?
Health improvement is both an individual and health system activity. The health of Lake County area residents will be determined by these factors:
- Individual health behaviors and lifestyles, combined with
- The availability and accessibility of the appropriate health resources.
The Health Partnership will identify issues, develop alternative solutions, and look at social and economic impacts of the alternatives.
The partnership involves residents of Lake County in creating strategies to improve overall health and address issues facing health care services.
Goals of the Partnership
The Partnership has six interrelated goals:
- Improve the health status of the Lake County CHIP area residents.
- Involve as many people as possible in the decision-making process.
- Expand awareness of the health system’s resources and of issues facing health care delivery.
- Develop local leadership through training and experience in decision-making.
- Support the creation of projects and programs to meet identified community needs.
- Educate residents about the role health care plays in economic development.
Community Health Improvement Partnership is a unique process involving Lake County area residents in developing ways to improve local health care for our community. It is about people becoming involved in health policy decisions both as individuals and as concerned community members.
Through a shared commitment, Lake District Hospital, OHSU’s Oregon Office of Rural Health, and Oregon Rural Practice-based Research Network are sponsoring a health improvement project.
Everyone in our community has something to contribute to the discussion of local health care. You and your organization can be part of the Community Health Improvement Partnership!
Contact the Lake County CHIP Coordinator
John V. Adams, MA
Lake Health District
700 S. J Street
Lakeview, OR 97630
Ofc: 541 947-2114 ext. 375
Cell: 541 219-0907
If you would like more information on the CHIP process, please contact Troy Soenen, (503) 494-4450.