RHC Technical Assistance & Resources
Operational Information for RHCs
Information from these manuals can help with questions about operating a Rural Health Clinic.
- Starting a Rural Health Clinic—A How-To Manual from the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy
- Medicare Benefit Policy Manual: Chapter 13 - Rural Health Clinic (RHC) and Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) Services. Extensive information on these two programs from Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Agency Resources and Events
- US Department of Health and Human Services Rural Assistance Center
- National Association of Rural Health Clinics
- National Rural Health Association
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Oregon Department of Medical Assistance Programs
- Oregon Health Authority Office of Equity: Registry of Certified Healthcare Interpreters
- Rural Health Clinics Technical Assistance Conference Call Series from the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy
- National Association of Rural Health Clinics Events
- National Rural Health Association: Rural Health Clinic Conferences
- National Government Services workshops for Provider-Based RHCs
Technical Assistance offered by the Oregon Office of Rural Health
Analysis of market share, supply & demand, productivity, coding, staffing levels, staff satisfaction, and clinic benchmarks.
Board Training of Roles & Responsibilities
This training provides an overview of individual and group duties for RHC boards, including but not limited to: clinic finances, operations, and quality assurance.
Assistance in creating and building multi-year, goal-oriented strategic plans.
Assistance in collecting qualitative and/or quantitative information to develop and improve planning.
Pre-Certification Mock Inspections
Off and on-site assistance in preparing for the RHC Medicare certification inspection.