Important Information for RHCs
Publications available for Rural Health Clinics and Federally Qualified Health Centers. Information from these manuals can help with questions about operating a Rural Health Clinic.
Oregon RHC Discussion Group
Already a member? Go directly to OR-Rural-Health-Clinics Discussion Group web site.
- National Association of Rural Health Clinics
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Oregon Department of Medical Assistance Programs (DMAP)
- On April 27 and May 11, 2001 the Oregon Office of Rural Health, offered two Cost Report Training sessions to assist RHCs with maximizing their cost reports. To obtain slides and documents from this training please contact Troy Soenen, or call at (503) 494-4450.
- Geographic Eligibility for Rural Health Grant Programs: To find your rural eligibility status for grants from the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy, go to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Geographic Eligibility Finder Page, and plug in your zip code. (You will need to scroll to the bottom of the page).
Technical Assistance offered by the Office of Rural Health
Board Training of Roles & Responsibilities: This training takes approximately 2 ½ hours. It is suggested that public and non-profit boards do this training once every year. It is especially important when new board members are joining. This training provides an excellent over view of individual and group duties for RHC boards. For example, issues regarding clinic finances, operations, and quality assurance issues.
Strategic Planning: Provides RHCs with assistance in creating and building goals and objectives. Is your RHC following general business practices to operate as efficiently as possible?
Need Assessments: Provide help in collecting either qualitative or quantitative information that help create useful planning information.
Act as a resource: Provide and seek information that will be helpful for RHCs. Find answers to questions, provide grant information, and information for other technical consultants.
Technical Assistance and Training Provided by other Agencies