2015 Oregon Rural Health Conference
32nd Annual Oregon Rural Health Conference
The 32nd Annual Oregon Rural Health Conference was held October 28-30, 2015 at the Salishan Spa and Golf Resort, Gleneden Beach.
This conference continues to be the largest gathering in Oregon dedicated to presenting the most innovative approaches to addressing today’s health care issues. Bringing together providers, administrators, patients, activists, policy makers and others who are concerned about health care in rural Oregon, it is an opportunity to exchange ideas, information, and expertise among individuals and organizations engaged in or concerned with rural health care issues.
7th Annual Apple A Day Fundraising Dinner and Auction
The 7th Annual Apple A Day Dinner and Fundraiser was held on Thursday, October 29, 2015 at the Salishan Spa and Golf Resort, Gleneden Beach. Proceeds subsidize education expenses for rural volunteer EMS providers.
- Creating a Blueprint for Rural Health in Oregon, facilitated by Scott Ekblad, Director: Oregon Office of Rural Health and Harvey Licht, Senior Associate: Varela Consulting Group
- Accountable Care Organizations: The New World of Value-Based Payments, presented by Lynn Barr, MPH, Founder & Chief Transformation Officer: National Rural ACO
- Healthy Hearts Northwest: Taking Practice Transformation to the Next Level Through Quality Improvement, presented by Caitlin Dickinson, MPH, Oregon Rural Practice-based Research Network (ORPRN)
- Partnering to Improve Community Mental Health: A Countywide Approach?, presented by Bonnie Thompson, RN, MSN, MBA, Providence Health & Services, Sumuer Watkins, MMPA, PHR Clatsop Behavioral Health, and Louise Nieto, LMFT Providence Health & Services
- Innovative Patient Access & Care Management: A Rural FQHC Model, presented by Andy Eck, MBA Mosaic Medical, Laura Gratton, DO Mosaic Medical: Prineville, and Paul Gratton Consultant and Doctoral Student
- Rural Healthy People 2020: Implications for the State of Oregon, presented by Jane Bolin, RN, JD, PhD, Director: Southwest Rural Health Research Center, Texas A&M Health Science Center
- Preparing a Diversity-Focused Mental Health Workforce to Serve Rural Areas, presented by Nathaan Demers, PsyD Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE)
- Community Advisory Councils and Coordinated Care Organizations: Strengths, Weaknesses and Opportunities, presented by Kevin Campbell, Eastern Oregon CCO, Paul McGinnis, MPA, Greater Oregon Behavioral Health, Inc., Megan Gomeza, MSW, Lifeways, Inc.
- Addressing Unmet Oral Health Needs in Oregon, presented by Bruce Austin, DMD Oregon Health Authority
- End-of-Life Care, presented by Alissa Goodwin
- Rural Medicine, Policy Change and Beaches, presented by Sara Marroquin
- The Role of Incentive Programs in Attracting a Rural Workforce, presented by Scott Ekblad, Director, Oregon Office Rural Health, Hilary Henderson, MPA, Oregon Office of Rural Health, and Marc Overbeck, OHA Primary Care Office
- Improving Adolescent Health & Social Determinants of Health in Rural High Schools, presented by Megan Gomeza, MSW, and Crystal Clifford
- Wallowa County Patient Activation Project—Certified Behaviorist Intervention in Primary Care, presented by Keli Christman, Winding Waters Clinic, and Lisa Ladendorff, LCSW, Northeast Oregon Network
A sincere THANK YOU to all of this year's Sponsors!