27th Annual Oregon Rural Health Conference
Thanks for making it another great conference!
The 27th Annual Oregon Rural Health Conference was a great success. Thanks to all those who attended and presented!
Mark your calendars now for the 28th Annual Rural Health Conference, September 21-23, 2011 at the Riverhouse, Bend Oregon.
Have thoughts about what you want to see at next year’s conference? Let us know.
The Annual Oregon Rural Health Conference is the largest gathering in Oregon dedicated to the important issues of rural health care. Bringing together providers, administrators, patients, activists, policy makers and others who are concerned about health care in rural Oregon, it is an opportunity to help set the agenda. In collaboration with the Oregon Rural Health Association (ORHA), Oregon Area Health Education Centers (AHEC) and the Oregon Rural Practice-based Research Network (ORPRN), the Oregon Office of Rural Health (ORH) strives to bring you the most innovative approaches to addressing today's needs.
2010 Oregon Rural Health Hero Award
Congratulations to this year's Hero of the Year: Jane McLaughlin!
Following is a chronological list of presentations that this year's speakers have allowed us to post here.
- Department of Medical Assistance Programs Rule Changes and Updates, Daneka Karma, DMAP
- Preparing for Meaningful Use, Chip Taylor, MD, Medical Director O-HITEC
- RHC Reimbursement Options, Mike Bell, CPA, Partner WIPFLi
Flex Advisory/ORHQN Meeting
- Flex Advisory Meeting, Kassie Clarke, ORH
- CMS EHR Incentives, Julie Bannester & Jennifer Magyar, CMS Region X
- What's Next for the Flex Program?, Steve Hirsch, ORHP
- Community Needs Assessments for CAHs, Linda Lang, OAHHS
- Community Needs Assessments for CAHs, Troy Soenen, ORH
- Leadership Assessing Opportunities and Making Them a Reality, Michael Curtis, Neenan Company
- Rural Lean Collaborative, Kelly Rinehart, OAHHS
- An Introduction to Just Culture, Scott Griffith, Outcome Engineering
- Interpreting Safety Culture Survey Results and Action Planning, Anne Skinner, UNMC & Katherine Jones, UNMC
- Physician Engagement in Patient Safety, Ricci Pardini, MD, Mountain View
- TeamSTEPPS Success Stories, Joyce Wilder, West Valley
- Federal Issues Affecting Rural Health Care Delivery, Tom Morris, MPA
- Health Reform in Oregon, Bruce Goldberg, MD
- Keynote: Common Sense with a Flourish: Primary Health Care for Rural Oregon, John Saultz, MD
- The Development of the Heart 1 Regional Network, Mike Widmer, MD
- Rural STEMI, Gary Zeigler, MD
- The Evolution of Acute Cardiac Care at Mountain View Hospital, Ricci Pardini, MD
- It Takes a Village to Recruit a Physician, Toby Freeman
- If it Takes a Village..., Bob Marsalli
- Pediatric Emergency Rural Provider Training, Philip Engle, Holly Love, RN, Rebecca Schwartz, RN, BSN, CEN, Joyce Wilder, ED
- Improving Patient Safety in Medical Offices, Lyle Fagnan, MD, Melinda Davis, PhD, Paul McGinnis, MPA
- Oregon’s Regional Extension Center: Progress to Date, Clayton Gillett