Telehealth Alliance of Oregon Annual Meeting and Summit Call for Presentations
The Telehealth Alliance of Oregon (TAO) is seeking presentations for its seventh annual meeting and summit in Springfield, Oregon, April 11 and 12, 2013.
This year’s conference theme is Telehealth in Oregon’s Evolving Health Care System: Working Together to Create a New Continuum of Care. We are looking for presentations in three categories - telehealth in health promotion and disease prevention; telehealth in the acute care setting; and telehealth in chronic disease management. If you are unsure which category your presentation might best fit into, leave the category selection blank and the selection committee will best determine the fit.
Anyone/organization with expertise and/or experience in these categories is invited to submit an abstract. Abstracts will be reviewed by the members of the summit planning committee to ensure the integrity and relevance of their content. Consideration will be given to all abstracts, but preference will be given to those that most closely align with the summit theme of creating a new continuum of care.
How to Submit an Abstract
Complete the abstract submission form. This form requests the following information:
- contact information
- title of presentation
- type of presentation: individual or group
- brief bios of all presenters
- list of three objectives and/or takeaways for the presentation
- an abstract narrative (500 words or less)
Submit the form via email to email@example.com.
The submission deadline is February 8, 2013.
- Abstracts must be submitted using the abstract submission form. The TAO summit planning committee is responsible for reviewing and selecting abstracts for presentations. Notices of acceptance will be sent by February 15, 2013.
- Submissions will be reviewed and scored according to the guidelines that follow.
- Merit: What value will this presentation bring to the summit? From the narrative description, is the work conceptual, in progress or will it be completed by the time of the meeting? How long has the service, program or project been underway?
- Clarity of Abstract: Is the abstract description well written? Does it clearly, concisely and logically convey the intent of the presentation and support the title, background, objectives, takeaways and conclusions?
- Innovation: Would this presentation add to the attendees’ knowledge? Has the information been presented before at a TAO Summit?
- Relevance to Subject Area: Are the topics timely and relevant to the activities, initiatives or direction of the category? Will this topic be of interest to the summit attendees?
- Non-Promotional/Commercial in Nature: Is this proposal educational rather than commercial in nature? Proposals that are written in a manner that promotes a product, company, or service will not be considered for presentation.
Other Important Information
- All presentations are 25 minutes in length including Q&A.
- Abstracts must be received by midnight on February 8, 2013.
- Upon notification, speakers will have one week to confirm participation in the summit.
- Power Point slides, video clips, etc. may be used sparingly to augment your presentation. A laptop and projector will be available in the meeting room.
- All accepted abstracts will be published on the TAO website and in the summit program.
- Summit registration fees will be waived for presenters.