One last reminder— the NHSC Loan Repayment Program is accepting applications through April 5
03/29/16 Portland, Ore.
Eligible health care providers can receive up to $50,000 in loan repayment assistance in exchange for 2 years of service at a NHSC-approved site.
The Primary Care Office in Oregon encourages you to promote this program with all eligible health care providers in your clinic that are important to helping you serve your practice’s patients.
The NHSC Loan Repayment Program will help you retain your health care providers!
A 2012 retention assessment survey found that:
- 82% of NHSC clinicians who completed their service commitment in the Corps continued to practice in underserved communities in the short-term, defined as up to one year after their service completion.
- 55% of National Health Service Corps clinicians continue to practice in underserved areas 10 years after completing their service commitment.
To apply for the NHSC Loan Repayment Program health care providers must:
- Be a U.S. Citizens or National
- Practice in one of the following disciplines:
- Primary Care Physician (MD or DO)
- Dentist (DDS or DMD)
- Primary Care Certified Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Certified Nurse-Midwife (CNM)
- Primary Care Physician Assistant (PA)
- Licensed Dental Hygienist (RDH)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
- Be Licensed to practice in Oregon
- Currently work at a facility that is certified NHSC site and located in the Health Professional Shortage Area
From the 2015 NHSC Loan Repayment Program cycle, Oregon had the 4th highest number of new awardees of any state in the country — only New York, California and Illinois had more. We strongly encourage Oregon practices to continue to take advantage of this great program to retain your health care workforce capacity!
We are here to help! If you have questions about the NHSC Loan Repayment Program contact Marc Overbeck at firstname.lastname@example.org at the Primary Care Office in Oregon.