Navigator FOA Information and Call
On April 9, The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced the availability of new funds to support Navigators in federally-facilitated and state partnership marketplaces.
Navigators are individuals and entities that will provide unbiased information to consumers about health insurance, the new Health Insurance Marketplace, qualified health plans, and public programs including Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program. The Navigator program will help consumers understand new coverage options as they enroll in new Marketplaces.
The funding opportunity announcement is open to eligible self-employed individuals and private and public entities applying to serve as Navigators in states with a Federally-facilitated or State Partnership Marketplace. The new funding opportunity provides up to $54 million in total funding.
- Letters of intent are optional and are due on May 1, 2013. Letters of intent should be sent to email@example.com.
- Applications are due by June 7, 2013 and grants will be awarded by August 15, 2013. Training will be provided to all grantees through an online curriculum.
- To access the funding opportunity announcement, visit: http://www.grants.gov, and search for CFDA # 93.750.
- To access the proposed rule released April 3, 2013, visit: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2013-04-05/pdf/2013-07951.pdf
- For more information about Navigators, including continuing updates, visit: http://cciio.cms.gov/programs/exchanges/assistance.html
- For a fact sheet on the Navigators, visit: http://cciio.cms.gov/resources/factsheets/navigator-foa.html
A conference call will be held on Friday, April 19, 2013 from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m. EDT providing an overview of this project, budget guidance, review the instructions provided by this FOA and other available materials, and will include an opportunity for potential applicants to ask questions.
Toll-free teleconference phone number: 877-267-1577; ID: 2917