Join the Rural Health Coordinating Council — ORH’s Advisory Body
11/01/17 Portland, Ore.
The Oregon Office of Rural Health is advised by a statutorily mandated body, the Rural Health Coordinating Council (RHCC). The RHCC is composed of 18 members total: 13 organizational representatives and 5 consumer members.
The RHCC currently has several vacancies. Please consider joining the RHCC or passing this invitation along to someone else who may be interested.
The following consumer positions are available:
- Resident of Health Service Area #1 (Clatsop, Columbia, Tillamook, Washington and Clackamas Counties)
- Resident of Health Service Area #2 (Yamhill, Polk, Marion, Lincoln, Benton, Linn, Lane, Coos, Douglas, Curry, Josephine and Jackson Counties)
- Resident of Health Service Area #3 (Eastern Oregon – Hood River, Wasco, Jefferson, Deschutes, Klamath and all counties east)
- Resident of a community of fewer than 3,500 people.
Consumer members must be appointed by the Governor. To apply, go to the Governor's website, download and complete the Interest Form and return as directed. If the application is approved, Governor Brown’s office will let us know.
The following organizational representative slots are currently vacant. If you are a member of one of these organizations, and would like to be appointed to serve on the RHCC, please contact that organization and let them know of your interest.
- Oregon Dental Association
- Conference of Local Health Officials
- Oregon Association of Hospitals and Health Systems
- Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons of Oregon
The Rural Health Coordinating Council meets quarterly. Three meetings are in person, in Wilsonville; the fourth is via teleconference. Consumer members receive reimbursement for travel expenses, as do organizational members who are not reimbursed by their professional organization.
For further information, contact Eric Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org.