Office of Health IT Updates
09/26/16 Portland, Ore.
September 23, 2016
Oregon Health IT Program Annual Report
The Oregon Health Authority’s Office of Health Information Technology submitted its first annual report on the Oregon Health Information Technology Program to the Oregon Legislature in August. The 2015-2016 report provides an overview of the state of health information technology (HIT) in Oregon, OHA's current HIT programs, grant funded initiatives, and HIT policy work.
Learn more about the state’s HIT program and download a copy of the report here.
Medicaid EHR Incentive Program Webinar
Calculating patient volume: What you need to know to successfully attest
This 20-minute session will offer participants a review on how to correctly calculate patient volume for Medicaid Electronic Health Records (EHR) Incentive Program attestations. Program staff will highlight the most common errors eligible providers make when calculating patient volume, and offer tips for submitting future attestations. Participants will also have the opportunity to ask questions about patient volume.
The session will be held on September 26. Register here.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with information on how to join the webinar.
National Health IT Week
Next week is National Health IT week. As a partner-driven event, participants are encouraged to leverage the opportunity to raise awareness and help the collective cause by recognizing the value of health IT. This year’s theme focuses on Value:
- Value of Health IT in Innovation - Precision Medicine
- Value of Health IT in Expanding Access to Care - Telemedicine
- Value of Health IT in Expansion of Economic Opportunities and Job Creation - Women in Health IT and STEM Careers for Health
- Value of Health IT in Making Communities Healthy - Interoperability Across the Spectrum of Care: Linking Public/ Population Health and Human Services
Learn more about national activities and how to show your support for health IT: www.HealthITWeek.org
October Public Meetings
- Oct. 5 - Common Credentialing Advisory Group
- Oct. 6 - Health IT Oversight Council
- Oct. 12 - Providery Director Advisory Group
- Oct. 13 - HIT/HIE Community & Organizational Panel