DELTA 2016 Applications are Now Open
09/03/15 Portland, Ore.
DELTA is a comprehensive health equity and inclusion leadership program that strategically provides training, coaching and consultation to key health, community and policy leaders in Oregon. Eligible for up to 42 CMEs.
DELTA currently accepting 2016 applications
Applications for the 2016 DELTA cohort are currently being accepted!
How to Apply
- Download an application
- To submit an application via email, send to email@example.com
- To submit an application via fax, send to 971-673-1128. Please note, applications will be accepted through October 31st at 5:00 p.m.
- Build the capacity and commitment of Oregon’s health leaders to eliminate health disparities.
- Develop collaborative approaches and partnerships to promote health equity across Oregon’s health promoting systems
- Inspire leaders to act individually and collectively as proactive change agents to address significant challenges and barriers to achieving optimal health outcomes for all Oregonians.
Upon completion of the program, this cohort will act as drivers of equity and inclusion within Oregon’s health promoting systems. Members will apply the skills they acquire from the training and facilitate the development and institutionalization of health equity and inclusion strategies in their own settings. In doing so, health equity, diversity development and inclusion will be built into planning, policies, programs, practices, approaches, and resource distribution of these organizations.
- 25 cohort members
- 9-month program
- One full-day training per month
- Classroom instruction, group dialogue, small group activities, multimedia, interactive games, etc.
- Individual Health Equity Projects (tailored to organization)
DELTA trainings are delivered by local, state and national leaders in health equity and inclusion. Training topics include, but are not limited to:
- Diversity in Recruitment, Hiring and Retention
- Race, Ethnicity and Language Data & Health Equity Metrics
- Effective Community Engagement
- Health Literacy & Language Access
- Health Equity Strategic Planning
- Utilizing Health Equity Lenses
DELTA Cohort members receive the following:
- ~40 hours of classroom training and technical assistance around developing and institutionalizing health equity policies and practices within organizational structures
- ~10 hours of individual consulting to cohort members to advance health equity at the policy and legislative levels
- Assistance identifying concrete actions to take as a result of the training and the cross-sector relationships.
Past Participant Biographies
Or join an informational webinar, 9am, Friday Sept 4th
Anastasia Sofranac, MPA
DELTA Program Coordinator
Office of Equity and Inclusion, Oregon Health Authority
421 SW Oak St, Suite 750
Portland, OR 97204