Call for Nominations for the 2017 Women of Achievement Awards
09/07/17 Portland, Ore.
The Oregon Commission for Women (OCFW) is seeking nominations of trailblazers and emerging leaders who epitomize the Oregon State motto – “She Flies with Her Own Wings” – for its 2017 Women of Achievement (WOA) Awards.
WOA Nomination Period
The nomination period is September 5 to October 20, 2017. The Commission will disqualify incomplete nominations or nominations received after the October 20 deadline.
Nominees Must Meet All Selection Criteria
- Exemplifies leadership and accomplishment in Oregon in one of the following categories: Education; Jobs and Economy; Healthcare; Justice, Safety and Policing; Civic Engagement; Housing and Stable Families; Environmental Justice; or Civic Engagement, and has had a demonstrable impact on the community she serves.
- Actively promotes the status of Oregon women through her work to advance women’s rights, status, or condition in the category of nomination.
- Demonstrates special commitment to equity and diversity in Oregon, as evidenced by service for women historically underrepresented due to culture, race, ethnicity, gender identity, occupation, income, religion and geography.
- Is recognized as a leader by peers or organizations, as evidenced in at least two letters of support for her WOA nomination from such individuals and/or groups.
- Completed nomination applications must include: the contact information page, the completed nomination form, and two letters of recommendation.
- The application portion of the nomination must address the four selection criteria addressed above and must highlight achievements in the specific category of nomination. The categories are: Education; Jobs and Economy; Healthcare; Justice, Safety and Policing; Housing and Stable Families; Environmental Justice; and Civic Engagement.
- Supporting materials (such as a bio/resume, media/newsletter accounts, primary papers, published interviews or others) are optional but are limited to three attachments, not including letters of recommendation.
- The Commission will not consider nominees who are incumbent elected officials or candidates during an election cycle.
- Nominations not selected for an award may be resubmitted once, the following year.
For additional nomination information, please see the Oregon Commission for Women website.