Forum on Aging in Rural Oregon
SAVE THE DATE
2nd Annual Forum on Aging in Rural Oregon
May 16 – 18, 2018
Wildhorse Resort & Casino, Pendleton
The Oregon Office of Rural Health believes that rural Oregon communities have the potential to be ideal places to age. This event will provide a forum where people can gather to talk about their experiences, learn from one another, bring forth new ideas, and communities are given inspiration and other resources to create their own successes.
The agenda will be finalized and registration will open in early March. Some highlights so far:
- A “pre-Forum” training for caregivers on the topic of challenging behaviors. Free of charge!
- Older Adult Behavioral Health Services in Rural Oregon
- Addressing Firearm Safety with the Rural, Suicidal Patient
- The Meaning of Health and Health Care for Older Adults in Rural Oregon
- Non-emergent Medical Transportation In Rural Oregon
- Understanding Guardianships
- Physician Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment (POLST): What’s New and What Can We Do Better?
- The Rural Medical Practitioner: Using Technology to Bridge Gaps in Care
- Rights and Responsibilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Geriatric Trauma and POLST
- A Framework to Achieve Inclusion of Elders and Persons with Disabilities
- Interprofessional Team Approaches to Reducing Falls in Rural Communities
- Yellowhawk Tribal Health Center Community Wellness Program: A Model for Rural Oregon
- Oral Health of Older Adults – Present Status, Future Challenges and Opportunities
This forum is intended for elder care professionals, family caregivers, clinical providers, community members, policy makers, philanthropists and anyone interested in making it easier for seniors to age in place in rural Oregon. Please contact Linda Peppler at
Continuing Education credits will be offered. We hope to see you there!
2018 Forum Lodging
A block of rooms is being held until APRIL 23, 2018 at the Wildhorse Casino. Forum lodging rates are $91 per room, per night, single or double occupancy. Rates are subject to room tax, currently 9%.
To receive Forum rates, reservations must be made by APRIL 23. Reservations may be made online or by telephone. To make reservations online: Wildhorse Lodging Reservations, promo code 13330. To make reservations by telephone, call 800.654.9453 and identify yourself with the same promo code.