Forum on Aging in Rural Oregon
2nd Annual Forum on Aging in Rural Oregon
May 16 – 18, 2018
Wildhorse Resort & Casino, Pendleton
The Oregon Office of Rural Health believes that rural Oregon communities have the potential to be ideal places to age. This event provides a forum where people can talk about their experiences, learn from one another, and bring forth new ideas.
Join us for sessions such as:
- A “pre-Forum” training for caregivers on the topic of challenging behaviors. Free of charge!
- Meeting the Social and Emotional Needs of Isolated Older Adults
- Addressing Firearm Safety with the Rural, Suicidal Patient
- Non-emergent Medical Transportation In Rural Oregon
- Understanding Guardianships
- The Native Dental Therapy Initiative
- Supporting Rural Caregivers through Telehealth
- Physician Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment (POLST): What’s New and What Can We Do Better?
- The Rural Medical Practitioner: Using Technology to Bridge Gaps in Care
- Providing Dignity-Affirming Care for LGBT Individuals in Rural Oregon
- Geriatric Trauma, Trauma Transfers and POLST
- The Latino Experience in Social Services
- The ABCs of Adult Foster Homes
- Geriatric Polypharmacy
- Yellowhawk Tribal Health Center Community Wellness Program: A Model for Rural Oregon
- Providence ElderPlace & the PACE Model of Care
This forum is intended for elder care professionals, family caregivers, clinical providers, community members, policy makers, philanthropists and anyone interested in making it easier for seniors to age in place in rural Oregon. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-494-4450 with any questions.
OHSU School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 9.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Oregon Health & Science University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Nurses, NPs, PAs, CNMs and LCSWs are encouraged to check to see if these credits are accepted by their boards/licensing bodies.
Continuing Education credits will also be offered for social workers and professional caregivers.
We hope to see you there!
2018 Forum Lodging
A block of rooms is being held until APRIL 23, 2018 at the Wildhorse Casino. Forum lodging rates are $91 per room, per night, single or double occupancy. Rates are subject to room tax, currently 9%.
To receive Forum rates, reservations must be made by APRIL 23. Reservations may be made online or by telephone. To make reservations online: Wildhorse Lodging Reservations, promo code 13330. To make reservations by telephone, call 800.654.9453 and identify yourself with the same promo code.