"OHSU is committed to being a leader in environmentally friendly and sustainable practices. We believe a healthy environment is essential for a healthy community. Thanks to the GreenTeam for their hard work and dedication!"
- OHSU President, Joe Robertson Jr., M.D., M.B.A.
OHSU's commitment to being a leader in environmentally friendly and sustainable practices can be seen in many different facets throughout the organization. Some of these include:
- Center for Health and Healing achieving LEED certification.
- Biomedical Research Building achieving certification.
- Food and Nutrition installing a food pulper in order to increase composting.
- OHSU Hospital South O.R. team developing a recycling program for materials used in operating rooms.
- A partnership with Practice Green Health, and Green Guide for Health Care.
- Green options for purchasing through Staples.
- Free recycling services.
- The Office Supply Reuse Program through OHSU's Recycling Department.