Awards & Recognition
US NEWS & WORLD REPORT HAS INCLUDED OREGON HEALTH & SCIENCE UNIVERSITY ON ITS BEST HOSPITALS LIST FOR 19 CONSECUTIVE YEARS.
OHSU Hospital is the only hospital in Oregon to be nationally ranked in U.S. News Best Hospitals and is recognized as “high-performing” in 7 others, including cancer, diabetes and endocrinology; ear, nose and throat; gastroenterology; geriatrics; gynecology; cardiology and heart surgery; nephrology; neurology & neurosurgery, orthopaedics, pulmonology; and urology.
We're #1 in Portland, Oregon
U.S. News Best Children's Hospitals 2014-15
Oregon Health & Science University Doernbecher Children’s Hospital ranks among the best children’s hospitals in the United States, according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2014-15 Best Children’s Hospitals.
The Best Children’s Hospitals rankings highlight U.S. News’ top 50 U.S. pediatric facilities in cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, gastroenterology & GI surgery, neonatology, nephrology, neurology & neurosurgery, orthopedics, pulmonology and urology. Eighty-nine hospitals ranked in at least one specialty, based on a combination of clinical data and reputation with pediatric specialists.
OHSU RECEIVES GOLD PLUS QUALITY ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
The American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association recognize OHSU for achieving 85% or higher adherence to all Get With the Guidelines Stroke Performance Achievement indicators for consecutive 12 month intervals and 75% or higher compliance with 6 of 10 Get With the Guidelines Stroke Quality Measures to improve quality of patient care and outcomes.
OHSU: A Leader in Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Healthcare Equality
OHSU was recognized in 2011 and 2012 as a Leader in Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign. The Healthcare Equality Index confirms that OHSU policies and practices meet and/or exceed the criteria for inclusion in the survey.
- OHSU’s patient’s rights policy is inclusive of sexual orientation and gender identity/expression.
- OHSU’s visitation policy grants same-sex couples (partners/spouses/significant others) the same access as different-sex couples and next-of-kin.
- OHSU’s visitation policy grants same-sex parents the same access as different-sex parents for visitation of their minor children.
- OHSU provides cultural competency training that addresses healthcare issues related to the LGBT community.
- OHSU’s employment non-discrimination policy is inclusive of sexual orientation and gender identity/expression.
National Research Corporation Consumer Choice
For many years, the National Research Corporation (NRC) has awarded OHSU Healthcare the Consumer Choice Award for the Portland-metro area. The NRC surveys 250,000 households nationwide and uses this coveted award to recognize those hospitals consumers say have the best image and reputation, overall quality, doctors and nurses.