Awards & Recognition
US NEWS & WORLD REPORT HAS INCLUDED OREGON HEALTH & SCIENCE UNIVERSITY ON ITS BEST HOSPITALS LIST FOR 20 CONSECUTIVE YEARS.
Oregon Health & Science University Hospital is the No. 1 hospital in Oregon, according to U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals 2014-15, and ranks among the best in the nation in five specialties:
- 33rd in Cancer
- 44th in Diabetes and Endocrinology
- 22nd in Ear, Nose & Throat
- 35th in Geriatrics
- 50th in Urology
U.S. News also rated seven OHSU Hospital specialties as “high-performing”:Cardiology & Heart Surgery, Gastroenterology & GI Surgery, Gynecology, Nephrology, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Ophthalmology, Pulmonology
U.S. News Best Children's Hospitals 2014-15
Oregon Health & Science University Doernbecher Children’s Hospital ranks among the best children’s hospitals in the United States, according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2014-15 Best Children’s Hospitals.
The Best Children’s Hospitals rankings highlight U.S. News’ top 50 U.S. pediatric facilities in cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, gastroenterology & GI surgery, neonatology, nephrology, neurology & neurosurgery, orthopedics, pulmonology and urology. Eighty-nine hospitals ranked in at least one specialty, based on a combination of clinical data and reputation with pediatric specialists.
OHSU RECEIVES GOLD PLUS QUALITY ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
The American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association recognize OHSU for achieving 85% or higher adherence to all Get With the Guidelines Stroke Performance Achievement indicators for consecutive 12 month intervals and 75% or higher compliance with 6 of 10 Get With the Guidelines Stroke Quality Measures to improve quality of patient care and outcomes.
OHSU: A Leader in Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Healthcare Equality
OHSU was recognized in 2011 and 2012 as a Leader in Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign. The Healthcare Equality Index confirms that OHSU policies and practices meet and/or exceed the criteria for inclusion in the survey.
- OHSU’s patient’s rights policy is inclusive of sexual orientation and gender identity/expression.
- OHSU’s visitation policy grants same-sex couples (partners/spouses/significant others) the same access as different-sex couples and next-of-kin.
- OHSU’s visitation policy grants same-sex parents the same access as different-sex parents for visitation of their minor children.
- OHSU provides cultural competency training that addresses healthcare issues related to the LGBT community.
- OHSU’s employment non-discrimination policy is inclusive of sexual orientation and gender identity/expression.
National Research Corporation Consumer Choice
For many years, the National Research Corporation (NRC) has awarded OHSU Healthcare the Consumer Choice Award for the Portland-metro area. The NRC surveys 250,000 households nationwide and uses this coveted award to recognize those hospitals consumers say have the best image and reputation, overall quality, doctors and nurses.