Awards & Recognition
US NEWS & WORLD REPORT HAS INCLUDED OREGON HEALTH & SCIENCE UNIVERSITY ON ITS BEST HOSPITALS LIST FOR 19 CONSECUTIVE YEARS.
OHSU Hospital is the only hospital in Oregon to be nationally ranked in U.S. News Best Hospitals and is recognized as “high-performing” in 7 others, including cancer, diabetes and endocrinology; ear, nose and throat; gastroenterology; geriatrics; gynecology; cardiology and heart surgery; nephrology; neurology & neurosurgery, orthopaedics, pulmonology; and urology.
We're #1 in Portland, Oregon
U.S. News Best Children's Hospitals 2013-14
OHSU Doernbecher Children's Hospital has been ranked one of the best children's hospitals in the United States in eight of 10 pediatric specialties, according to U.S. News & World Report's 2013-14 Best Children's Hospitals. This year, OHSU Doernbecher improved its standing in seven of its eight ranked specialties.
OHSU Doernbecher has consistently ranked among the best since it first applied for rankings consideration in 2010-11. It is the only medical center in Oregon whose pediatric specialties met U.S. News & World Report's criteria for quality of care, best practices and outcomes.
OHSU RECIEVES GOLD PLUS QUALITY ACHEIVEMENT AWARD
The American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association recognize OHSU for achieving 85% or higher adherence to all Get With the Guidelines Stroke Performance Acheivment indicators for consecutive 12 month intervals and 75% or higher compliance with 6 of 10 Get With the Guidelines Stroke Quality Measures to improve quality of patient care and outcomes.
OHSU: A Leader in Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Healthcare Equality
OHSU was recognized in 2011 and 2012 as a Leader in Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign. The Healthcare Equality Index confirms that OHSU policies and practices meet and/or exceed the criteria for inclusion in the survey.
- OHSU’s patient’s rights policy is inclusive of sexual orientation and gender identity/expression.
- OHSU’s visitation policy grants same-sex couples (partners/spouses/significant others) the same access as different-sex couples and next-of-kin.
- OHSU’s visitation policy grants same-sex parents the same access as different-sex parents for visitation of their minor children.
- OHSU provides cultural competency training that addresses healthcare issues related to the LGBT community.
- OHSU’s employment non-discrimination policy is inclusive of sexual orientation and gender identity/expression.
National Research Corporation Consumer Choice
For 11 years in a row the National Research Corporation (NRC) has awarded OHSU Healthcare the 2009/2010 Consumer Choice Award for the Portland-metro area. The NRC surveys 250,000 households nationwide and uses this coveted award to recognize those hospitals consumers say have the best image and reputation, overall quality, doctors and nurses.