Why Choose Us
OHSU nurse-midwives believe in:
- Providing compassionate, respectful and family-centered care.
- Promoting healthy living and illness prevention.
- Providing care that honors the normal process of birth.
- Developing a partnership with you and sharing information that helps you make informed decisions.
OHSU nurse-midwives are:
- Highly educated, licensed and certified health professionals.
- Experts in normal pregnancy and well-woman gynecology.
OHSU nurse-midwives offer:
- Longer appointment times than traditional clinics.
- Exceptional midwifery care with all the benefits and safety of a hospital setting.
- General gynecological care.
- Free, 20-minute “Get to Know You” maternity appointments.
- Care that honors the normal process of birth.
- Access to a waterbirth program established in 1997.
- Group prenatal care option.
- VBAC - vaginal birth after cesarean section.
- Care that is backed by the medical excellence of OHSU.