We are currently accepting applications for appointment in October 2017 and January 2018.
Please see full RFP below for more details. All applications are due on August 1, 2017.
Successful applicants to the Oregon BIRCWH will:
- Not have more than 6 years of research training or experience after their doctoral degree
- Have a clinical doctorate or PhD degree or its equivalent
- Be a US citizen or possess an Alien Registration Receipt Card (I-151 or I-155)
- Have identified mentors with extensive research experience
- Be able to dedicate at least 75% of time to women's health and/or sex/gender differences research
- Must NOT be a PI on an R01 or K award
Scholars will be selected based upon their perceived potential to develop into academically and scientifically successful investigators in women's health and/or sex/gender differences in health. Several factors will be used to evaluate this potential:
- Candidate's qualifications and dedication to women's health and/or sex/gender differences, research and academics
- Availability and dedication of qualified mentors
- Departmental commitment to the individual, in terms of: complete protection of 75% of their time to research for the tenure of their scholarship and provision of space, equipment, and providing salary gap in excess of BIRCWH commitment
- Scientific and technical merit of proposed research
- Demonstrated potential for becoming a successful independent investigator in women's health and/or sex/gender differences research
- Demonstration that this BIRCWH program is a good fit for the candidate to foster their career as a highly productive investigator