We are currently accepting applications for a two-year appointment beginning January 1, 2016.
The deadline to apply is October 26, 2015. Please see RFP for more details.
Successful applicants to the Oregon BIRCWH will:
- Not have more than 6 years of research training or experience after their doctoral degree
- Have a clinical doctorate or PhD degree or its equivalent
- Be a US citizen or possess an Alien Registration Receipt Card (I-151 or I-155)
- Have identified mentors with extensive research experience
- Be able to dedicate at least 75% of time to women's health research
- Must NOT be a PI on an R01 or K award
Scholars will be selected based upon their perceived potential to develop into academically and scientifically successful investigators in women's health. Several factors will be used to evaluate this potential:
- Candidate's qualifications and dedication to women's health, research and academics
- Availability and dedication of qualified mentors
- Departmental commitment to the individual, in terms of: complete protection of 75% of their time to research for the tenure of their scholarship and provision of space, equipment, $10,000/yr of discretionary funds for the investigator to pursue their research, and salary gap in excess of BIRCWH commitment
- Scientific and technical merit of proposed research (institution provides $15,000 matching funds)
- Demonstrated potential for becoming a successful independent investigator in women's health research
- Demonstration that this BIRCWH program is a good fit for the candidate to foster their career as a highly productive investigator in women's health