Center of Excellence
We are a designated National Center of Excellence in Women's Health
In 2003, The OHSU Center for Women's Health was designated a National Center of Excellence in Women's Health. This title recognizes OHSU's expertise and continued commitment to improve the health and wellness of all women throughout our region.
Nationally recognized for excellence
We are the only Center of Excellence in Women's Health in the Northwest because of our leadership in these areas:
- Healthcare – offering high-quality, expert services for women in all stages of life.
- Research – conducting multidisciplinary research focused on women's health issues.
- Community outreach and education – empowering women of all ages to take greater ownership of their health and the health of their families.
- Professional education – integrating a women's health focus into medical school courses, residency training programs, fellowship programs, as well as ongoing educational programs for medical professionals to stay up-to-date with their clinical knowledge.
- Leadership – recruiting, retaining and promoting women in academic medical careers.
- Evaluation – measuring and reviewing project outcomes and effectiveness.
Center of Excellence staff
Michelle Berlin, M.D., M.P.H., is the center director of the OHSU Center of Excellence in Women's Health. Michelle Berlin is also vice-chair of Professional Affairs and Development and associate director, OHSU Center for Women's Health.
The Office on Women's Health within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services developed the National Center of Excellence in Women's Health program.
Watch this video to see Dr. Michelle Berlin discuss the program and to learn more about other OWH women's health initiatives.