Trauma and Acute Care Surgery Clinic
The OHSU Trauma Service provides a twice weekly follow-up clinic that is open to all trauma patients who were treated by the Trauma Service while in the hospital at OHSU.
The Trauma Clinic provides the following services to trauma patients after their hospitalization:
- Evaluation and management of acute pain due to injury. Pain medications are generally prescribed for only the first 2 months after injury.
- Follow-up evaluation of minor traumatic brain injury with referral to the Brain Injury Clinic if necessary.
- Evaluation and management of complex wounds not being managed by another specialist.
- Follow-up after any surgery performed by one of the Trauma Surgeons.
The Trauma Clinic does not provide these services:
- Primary care and / or long-term management of illness unrelated to trauma like diabetes, high blood pressure, heart failure, etc.
- Long-term management of chronic pain.
- Management of surgical problems not related to the traumatic injury