Fall Trauma Nursing Conference
2014 Fall Trauma Nursing Conference
When: October 25, 2014
Registration is closed
Oregon Health & Science University is approved by the California of Registered Nursing Provider CPE 16221 for 7.0 Contact Hours.
If you wish to view video presentations to receive credit hours, please contact either Heather Hoem at 503-494-3489 or Karessa Townsend at 503-418-1360 to receive the login and password.
Trauma professionals encounter a variety of clinical challenges in the care of the critically injured patient. This conference offers a wide variety of clinical topics including critical care, emergency, acute care and pediatric trauma.
- Describe one of the physiologic causes of alcohol withdrawal and one treatment strategy.
- Examine current successful prevention strategies for teen alcohol use and driving.
- Review three key components of the 2012 Pediatric Brain Injury Guidelines.
- Identify the physiologic effects of anesthesia and how this impacts nursing care.
- Discuss the various criteria for determination of brain death.
- Examine the precipitating factors of coagulopathy in trauma patients.
- Discuss the management priorities for crush injuries to the chest
2014 Fall Trauma Nursing Conference Presentation Slides
John Gallager, MSN, RN, CCRN, CCNS, RRT
Roy Ball, MS, RN, ACNP-BC, CCNS
Diane Perks, MSN, CRNP
Shelora Mangan, DNP, CNS, RNC-OB
Tiffany Culbertson, RN, MS and Mary Denise Smith, RN, MS
Diane Braxmeyer Downey, RN, BSN, CCRN