Northwest States Trauma Conference
26th Annual Northwest States Trauma Conference
Course Overview and Educational Objectives
The Northwest States Trauma Conference presents cutting-edge clinical information about the care of the injured patient. We have assembled a nationally recognized faculty to give you the most up-to-date information about the care of injured patient, including trauma care during the pre- hospital, resuscitative, operative, critical care and recovery phases. Our distinguished national guest speakers this year include Dr. Peter Rhee from the University of Arizona and Dr. Donald Jenkins from the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN.
At the Conclusion of the course, Attendees will have increased knowledge of issues such as:
- Pre-hospital C spine clearance
- Resuscitation basics of pediatric trauma patients
- Radiation risk from CT scans
- Aeromedical considerations when transporting trauma patients by air
- ECMO applications in trauma
- Challenges of being a level 1 trauma center in a rural community
- blast injuries
- Practical fracture/ dislocation reduction strategies for rural providers
- PTSD in Trauma patients
- Translating war time experiences into civilian trauma care
- Thoracic trauma care
- Traumatic brain injury
Registration is closed, this event has already occurred
Continuing Education Credit
Oregon Health & Science University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
OHSU School of Medicine, Division of CME, designates this live activity for a maximum of 13.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Oregon Health & Science University is approved by the California of Registered Nursing 16221 for 13.5 contact hours.