Gender Affirming Surgeries – Patient Education Classes
For patients and their allies
The OHSU Transgender Health Program, in partnership with Kaiser Permanente Gender Pathways clinic, is pleased to offer monthly education classes about gender affirming - genital reconstructive surgery for patients and their allies.
One class per month will be exclusively focused on vaginoplasty surgery and one class per month will be focused on metoidioplasty/phalloplasty surgeries. Classes will be in lecture format with slides and photos to review anatomy, genital reconstruction, and surgical outcomes.
- Pre-operative health and wellness
- Surgical options and how to choose/prepare for surgery
- What to expect from surgery
- Recovery in the hospital
- Recovery at home after hospital discharge
- Patients at any stage of considering gender affirming surgery are welcome to attend.
Registration is required, please sign up for your desired class below.
To create the most appropriate learning environment, space will be limited to the prospective patient and one guest. If more than one guest is requested, please contact the OHSU Transgender Health Program.
You do not need to currently be enrolled as a patient at Kaiser or OHSU to attend.
- By attending, patients and guests are agreeing to maintain confidentiality for those that are present
- While these classes are oriented and designed for patients there may be a limited number of other professionals (doctors, nurses, or healthcare students) in attendance to assist their learning in the care of transgender patients
- All classes will be conducted in English and interpretation services can be made available
Gender affirming surgery class schedule
More about vaginoplasty
View a patient-centered presentation of Dr. Daniel Dugi discussing vaginoplasty, including:
- Referral and eligibility process
- Techniques used for vaginoplasty surgery
- Preparing for surgery
- What to expect from surgery and recovery
- Question and answer session