The Functional Outcomes Program studies the treatment of chronic back pain and other spine conditions. We use the results to provide our patients with the most effective treatments available, now and in the future.
Our goal is to help patients:
- Improve physical function
- Cope better with pain
- Get back to work and other daily activities
- Need less treatment in the future
If you have back pain, we want to help you return to an active, pain-free lifestyle. As a part of this process, our spine experts will measure your progress by asking you to take health surveys at certain times. This helps us track your progress and keep your health records updated. It also allows you to see your progress in treatment.
Healing from back pain is a gradual process that takes time, so you might not see results or feel better right away. With the right treatment, your spine can begin to heal and get stronger even before your pain is gone. With the Functional Outcomes Program, we can:
- Track how your strength and other physical functions are improving
- Measure your gradual healing
From the results, you’ll know your treatment is working.
Current OHSU Spine Center Patients
Functional Outcomes Reports:
- Spine Patient Demographics Report
- Effects of Low Mental Component Summary (MCS) on Surgical Outcomes
- Spinal Stenosis Outcomes
If you would like more information about OHSU’s functional outcomes program, please contact: