Required Rotation Experiences
- Hospital 101 (3 weeks)
- Medical Intensive Care Unit (6 weeks)
- Trauma Surgical Intensive Care Unit (6 weeks)
- Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (6 weeks)
- Neurosciences Intensive Care Unit (6 weeks)
- Emergency Medicine (6 weeks)
- Nutrition Support (2 weeks)
- Project management via residency research project*
- Code Blue Response
- Critical Care Committee Participation
- Critical Care staffing (4 shifts per month, 1 major holiday, 1 minor holiday)
*Residents are required to design, conduct and evaluate a major project that answers a clinical question and subsequently creates and/or revises policy and practice based on the results. The resident's' major project may have a clinical, research or practice management focus. The residency preceptor team will assist the resident in choosing their project from a provided list or from a resident-generated idea list. The major project for the residency programs has oversight by the Pharmacy Research Committee, which reports to the Residency Advisory Committee. Additional experiences with the Research Pharmacy Service or with the Institutional Review Board are available to residents interested in research experience.
See a list of past residency research projects here.