The Beals Memorial Seminar
The Beals Memorial Seminar is an annual event established in honor of the late Dr. Rodney K. Beals, Professor Emeritus in the Department of Orthopaedics at OHSU, who taught orthopaedics for more than 50 years. The seminar includes research presentations by the chief residents, presentations on orthopaedic issues and treatments by OHSU faculty, and a presentation by a visiting guest speaker.
See the program for the 2017 Beals Memorial Seminar.
Videos of the 2017 Beals Memorial Seminar
- Introduction - Dr. Darin Friess, Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation Vice Chairman
- Bearing Surfaces in Joint Replacement - Dr. Michael Ries
- Chief resident research presentations from John Cox, M.D., Ryland Kagan, M.D., Joseph Langston, M.D., Michael Rose, M.D., and Ryan Wallenberg, M.D.
- Complex Primary Joint Replacements - Dr. Kathryn Schabel
- Management of Bone Loss in Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty - Dr. Michael Ries
- Total Joint Arthroplasty: Alternative Payment Plans and Patient Pathways - Dr. Paul Duwelius
- Closing Remarks from Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation Chairman, Dr. Jung Yoo.