Bone and Soft Tissue Tumors
OHSU Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation is the only clinic between Sacramento and Seattle that provides a full range of diagnosis and treatment options for bone and soft tissue tumors. Our entire team will work together to coordinate your care in a way that’s best for you and your needs. We offer you access to the latest treatments, technologies and clinical trials.
Our team includes:
- Oncologists (doctors who specialize in cancer care)
- Orthopaedic oncology surgeons (doctors who specialize in surgery for treatment of tumors in the bones or soft tissues)
- Musculoskeletal radiologists (doctors who specialize in imaging your bones and joints using tools such as X-rays, computed tomography [CT], ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging [MRI])
- Radiation oncologists (doctors who use radiation to treat cancer)
- Surgical oncologists (doctors who perform surgery to remove tumors and treat cancer)
Treatment for bone and soft tissue tumors, whether cancerous or not, can seem overwhelming. All of these providers will be involved in your care and will help you navigate the process, from diagnosis through treatment and follow-up.
Dr. James Hayden received his M.D. and Ph.D. at OHSU, where he also did his orthopaedics residency. He completed specialty training in orthopaedic oncology (bone cancer and soft tissue tumors) at Harvard.
Dr. Yee-Cheen Doung earned her M.D. at Albert Einstein College of Medicine and completed a residency at New York Hospital for Joint Diseases. She followed this up with a fellowship in orthopaedic oncology at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Meet our new team member
Dr. Kenneth Gundle earned his M.D. at Harvard, completed his residency at the University of Washington and followed up with an orthopaedic oncology fellowship at the University of Toronto. He is passionate about caring for patients with benign and malignant musculoskeletal tumors.