The Adult Cardiac Surgery program at OHSU focuses on the treatment of acquired diseases affecting the heart and great vessels. Heart surgery treatment options range from state-of-the-art minimally invasive options to open heart and complex procedures.
We serve as a regional resource for the care of patients with advanced diseases requiring complex treatments. All OHSU heart surgeons are board certified by the American Board of Thoracic Surgeons. Our team of cardiology specialists is advancing the care of patients with heart disease by employing innovative and less invasive surgical techniques. In addition to on- and off-pump coronary artery bypass procedures, our surgeons perform a large volume of complex heart valve repair and replacement procedures, aneurysm repairs, and procedures for heart failure. We also offer a multidisciplinary approach to the treatment of disorders of the thoracic aorta.
Our core mission is to provide all of our patients and their families with the most comprehensive and compassionate care and deliver outstanding surgical results and outcomes.
The Knight Cardiovascular Institute is especially unique in the level of care and expertise we provide our heart surgery patients.
- OHSU has been a top rated hospital 17 years in a row.
- We are the only heart transplant program in Oregon.
- We have performed more than 600 heart transplants and more than 200 mechanical support device implants.
- We are the largest cardiac assist device program in the Northwest.
- We provide the knowledge of all for the care of one, integrating other facets of OHSU including cardiovascular research and clinical trials to ensure the best possible outcomes.
Call us at 503 494-7820 to schedule an appointment.